What is VelaShape?
VelaShape® is a non-invasive body contouring treatment for circumferential and cellulite reduction*. VelaShape enables you to safely achieve a toned, contoured and well shaped body in typcially 3 treatment sessions (single treatment protocol is also available); making you look and feel more youthful. VelaShape provides dramatic results without downtime or significant discomfort.
Which areas can be treated with VelaShape?
Cellulite treatment areas could be on the neck (under chin), arms, thighs, buttocks, flank and abdomen. Most patients see gradual and cumulative results throughout the treatment regime.
Is VelaShape treatment right for me?
VelaShape is not a weight loss treatment. VelaShape uses a combination of technologies to contour your body, reducing the trouble spots that diet and exercise can’t reach. The ideal VelaShape patient is someone with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of less than 30, who falls under The Nurnberger-Muller Cellulite Classification Stage 1 and 2. Ask your doctor to see if you’re a candidate for VelaShape treatments.
The Nurnberger-Muller Cellulite Classification Scale
- STAGE 1 NO dimpling while the patient is standing or lying down, but the pinch test reveals the “orange peel” appearance.
- STAGE 2 “Orange peel” dimpling appears spontaneously when standing up, but NOT when lying down.
- STAGE 3 “Orange peel” dimpling appears spontaneously both when standing up AND lying down.
What do I expect from VelaShape treatments?
- Gradual smoothing of skin’s surface with a noticeable reduction in cellulite
- Circumferential reduction, with noticeable reshaping of the treated area
What is the VelaShape procedure like?
Most patients find VelaShape comfortable and describe the treatment as feeling like a warm deep-tissue massage. The treatment parameters are easily adjusted to ensure a comfortable treatment experience. It is normal to experience a warm sensation for a few hours after your treatment. Some patients report a pinkish appearance at the treatment area that may last a few hours post treatment, and skin may appear pink for several hours.
Before and After